Day One Impressions

Hello all. I’m currently evaluating several different bot platforms, and downloaded version 12.1.1 yesterday. As a new user, I wanted to share a few first impressions of the product without creating a dozen different threads.

• First off, congrats. This is a very impressive offering compared to everything else I’ve seen. It’s remarkable how many requirements this meets for our team.
  • It’s not clear in the online docs when you are viewing something that is a pro-only feature.
  • Spanish-language support is a must for us.
  • Some of the UI images in the documentation seem to be out-of-date (inserting skills, for example)
  • I created an intent with a slot with an associated entity type of “@system.amountOfMoney”, but wasn’t able to create a working flow that could fill that slot, even though other slots of “@system.any” or custom list entities worked fine.
  • It would be great to be able to define very granular access controls, so that admins can be defined that only have access to specific bots.
  • Is there a reference available for what “{{}}” variables are available when defining a bot’s responses? I have been trying to get my bot to repeat a slot value that was filled earlier in the flow, but what exactly to use to access those values has involved a lot of trial and error. The pop-up help when defining a string only seems to show “event.*” variables.

Thanks for all your hard work on this product!

2 Likes

Thank you for your detailed feedback.

• First off, congrats. This is a very impressive offering compared to everything else I’ve seen. It’s remarkable how many requirements this meets for our team.
    Thank you
  • It’s not clear in the online docs when you are viewing something that is a pro-only feature.
    Right, we’ll try to make it clearer
  • Spanish-language support is a must for us.
    We support Spanish, will be available on our hosted language server in a blink. You can always use your own language server
  • Some of the UI images in the documentation seem to be out-of-date (inserting skills, for example)
    You’re right, although the product is changing quite fast, we’re trying to keep the doc as up to date as possible. Sometimes we miss stuff, thank you for pointing this out.
  • I created an intent with a slot with an associated entity type of “@system.amountOfMoney”, but wasn’t able to create a working flow that could fill that slot, even though other slots of “@system.any” or custom list entities worked fine.
    Can you provide a little more context / details for this (i.e what input isn’t working + debugger screenshot or paste your rawPayload)
  • It would be great to be able to define very granular access controls, so that admins can be defined that only have access to specific bots.
    Coming soon
  • Is there a reference available for what “{{}}” variables are available when defining a bot’s responses? I have been trying to get my bot to repeat a slot value that was filled earlier in the flow, but what exactly to use to access those values has involved a lot of trial and error. The pop-up help when defining a string only seems to show “event.*” variables.
    Indeed it only shows the event content, pretty much everything you need is in there. Extracted slots are stored in event.state.session.slots

Thanks again for the props !

I have a very simular problem. It’s a very simple showcase. One intent containing a single slot with type amountOfMoney.

This slot should be filled in a workflow:

grafik

Really a very simple scenario but it just doesn’t work. Although the NLU seems to recognize my input it still refuses to accept it.

1 Like

Hi Mquenzer,

First off, Welcome to the Botpress community :slight_smile:!

Slots and entities are distinct. Have you provided an example where in the utterances one of them contains only the amount of money without words around it?

I.e. (the bold part here is the slot to be extracted)
The fish is 500$
500 ** The cost of salmon is **500
etc…

This guide page 12 and 13 expands a bit more on the notion of slots and entities.

I hope this helps and happy bot building
JB