How to reuse existing modules, ex: Choice

Hi, I want to develop a new custom skill, that will ask questions in a loop. Question type can be single choice. And I’d like to reuse the ‘Choice’ skill for that. How to reuse that?

Hey @pranavgupta21 !

I understand that you would like to create a custom skill, by reusing the already existing “Choice” skill.

Unfortunately, I don’t think there is an easy way to reuse an already existing skill as the basis for your custom skill.

However, creating a skill is pretty straightforward if you are willing to write some code.
In order to create a custom skill, you will have to:

1. Create a custom module. See documentation here. We also have a custom module template that you can copy and customize to your neeeds.
  2. Create a custom skill. Unfortunately, we don’t have documentation at the moment detailing how achieve this. However, you can walk through an example here.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Hi @spgin, thanks for your reply and links. I have created a bunch of custom skills for my use-case, so I have a basic understanding. My interest is in leveraging the existing code, rather than duplicating. It’s like I am writing a new class and would like to use the ‘Choice’ object and call methods on it and leverage its functionality.

But from your reply, it seems like there is no way to do that. So I guess I’ll have to duplicate that code and functionality in my custom skill.