Link a dropdown choice whith a message

Hi,
I created a dropdown and I want to define a different message to each choice. How can I do that??

Hi @Izadora

Have you tried the skill choice, that’s pretty much what it does. As I imagine you did, can you try to be a bit more specific. Share more on what you’re trying to achieve (screenshots helps) which channel, what’s the context, what have you tried , what do you expect and what you’re seeing.

Let me know.

Hi @EFF, thanks for your response.

Yes, what I want to do is similar to choice skill, but there are a lot of options, so it’s better to use dropdown.
I made an example (whith only 5 options) to try to show you.
For exemple: If user select “Erro 1”, bot would send “Mensagem 1”, if user select “Erro 4”, bot would send “Message 4”, as in choice skill.

Hi @EFF, thanks for your response.

Yes, what I want to do is similar to choice skill, but there are a lot of options, so it’s better to use dropdown.
I made an example (whith only 5 options) to try to show you.
For exemple: If user select “Erro 1”, bot would send “Mensagem 1”, if user select “Erro 4”, bot would send “Message 4”, as in choice skill.

You can do this in a different ways:

• You can create a variable to test in transitions or actions;
  • You can use transitions like event.payload.text == “Erro 1” and goes to a different node;
  • You can create a action with switch/case statment to test what the user choose;

Thanks for your response, @amauri :slight_smile:
Can you show me how to use " transitions like event.payload.text == “Erro 1” and goes to a different node"? I tried but it doesn’t work. Maybe I’ve made some mistake, because I’m a begginner at botporess.

You can do like this!

Just remember to mark the node to “Wait for user message” and test event.payload.text

1 Like

I, i create a dropdown whith simple choice in node but not show nothing in the emulator?
What`s is wrong?
Tanks.
Joe.