NLU On FAQ not working as intented

I have created a FAQ bot on a variety of topics and each questions have at least 10 variations used for training.

The issue I am facing is, when a question is asked with a single keyword on Topic A, the bot often gets confused and responds with another answer from similar question on Topic B due to the presence of that single keyword in Topic B

To overcome this problem I am thinking of presenting a menu to the user to select a Topic first before they can ask any questions. When topic is selected, user can ask question on the selected topic.

In this scenario, I want the bot to perform lookup only on the answers on selected Topic. I guess this will more accurate responses because the lookup is filtered on a particular topic.

Is it possible to control the bot to narrow down FAQ lookup on specific topic?

hey @arun826

it is possible using contexts:

Contexts apply both to intents and QNA.

There should be a builtin action called appendContext that you can use in a given flow to specify what context the user is currently in.

Check out the builtin welcome bot if you want to see an example with intents

Hope this information helps,

François

1 Like

Thank you @frank_levasseur

is there anyway that i can provide some response before the bot proceeds with the default flow, when the bot is unable to find a particular answer under that context?

Thanks in advance