๐Ÿš€ UPCOMING VERSION: Botpress Albert

Botpress Albert is the result of almost a year of feedback from the community and customers. Thanks to all of you! A few thousands of commits later, we are almost at the release date. We hosted a sneak peek of the platform for customers, community members and ambassadors that you can view here: Botpress Albert - Sneak Peek

Please leave your comments, ask your questions and we will do our best to address them. Cheers and thanks for your support.

2 Likes

Where can I download Albert?

2 Likes

Itโ€™s not officially available yet. You would need to build a Github branch and pull some tricks to be able to use it. Iโ€™ll let you know how to access it when the product team give me the green light.

1 Like

Okay, thank you.

This mail was sent through Econet Wireless, a Global telecoms leader.

DISCLAIMER

The information in this message is confidential and is legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If received in error please accept our apologies and notify the sender immediately. You must also delete the original message from your machine. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in reliance of it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. The information, attachments, opinions or advice contained in this email are not the views or opinions of Econet Wireless, its subsidiaries or affiliates. Econet Wireless therefore accepts no liability for claims, losses, or damages arising from the inaccuracy, incorrectness, or lack of integrity of such information.

WORK ISNโ€™T A PLACE
ITโ€™S WHAT WE DO

1 Like

A little a bit of jetlag on my hand, but here is the link to request access to Botpress Albert: https://botpress.com/request-access

We made this version private beta because there are still some work to be done especially to update documentation and create a migration guide. If anyone is up for this, please let me know marc.mercier@botpress.com You would be of great help!

Canโ€™t wait to hear your feedback!

Hi Marc,

I checked the Albert preview today. Is this an early alpha version or is it close to release?
I hope itโ€™s an early alpha because I found a lot of things that are not working that well for us.

1. if I import an existing bot, I donโ€™t have access anymore to my QnA and NLU
  2. if I import an existing bot, the train button is not available
  3. if I import an existing bot, the debug window is not available
  4. I the config setting I set the language to german but the bot tells me all the time Iโ€™m using the wrong language.
  5. I the QnA section I canโ€™t forward to a flow and node anymore. Or is that well hidden now? This was a really cool feature which should be kept.
  6. Where can I find the NLU intents now? In Albert I canโ€™t find this and I work a lot with slots.
  7. In the qna section you can click on import and it asks me to select a JSON file, but JSON files are no longer accepted, only .tar.gz files.

Ok this is my first feedback for the moment.

Hi Frank,

Thanks for taking the time to try Botpress Albert and provide feedback. A lot of your points seem to be linked with the import of an existing chatbot which I assume was made with Botpress 12. I do not recommend importing it just yet, we will provide a migration guide to help you do that.

It is not an early alpha version, but we introduced some new concepts and new ways of doing things in order to support the next steps of our product development. I can understand how this might feel. Regarding your point #5:

Long answer, QnAs are quick questions that can be answered in the middle of a flow and then coming back to where the user was in the conversation (you can see them as conversational detours). If you want to flow to a specific node after your chatbot answered your question then you might want to use a โ€œuser wantsโ€ trigger (formerly intent) followed by a say node.
Thatโ€™s how we thought of it but I would be interested to know more on your use case.

Regarding point #6:

Intents are now directly attached to the trigger block when you select user wants. It will be displayed in the panel on the right side of the screen.

Regarding point #7: We will look into it.

I hope this answers some your questions. I suggest we continue this by email. Please reach out at marc.mercier@botpress.com

Cheers,
Marc

1 Like