Website Embedding

Hi,

I am totally a beginner, I have created a bot and I am trying to embed in a website. It says the below.

After the import script above you need to initialize the bot to the window object with the script below.

1. How to access the botpress console? I have installed in windows 2016 server.
  2. Could someone help me with more details on how to embed the bot.

Have you tried that? https://botpress.io/docs/channels/web/

Let us know if yes and which step is not working for you

Hi,

I tried using the steps in the document.

My installation is on Windows.
However, I am not able to access the chatbot. The web page loads without bot icon. I am trying this on a url which is accessed over internet, hence only port 80 is open. I need to understand the following:

1. configuration of nginx
  2. configuration in bot schema json
  3. entries in the index.html

Thanks in advance.

Ravi Deshpande

If only the bot icon doesn’t show up, I think that the reason is because you didn’t set the EXTERNAL_URL environment variable to point to your bot location.

Here’s the relevant doc about how to update the external url:

Hi Sylvain,

I tried to set up the externalURL, but, I am confused. I have following:

A8E6C814DCE847C594394CB1487B6AB9[22233509].png

@ravi I am a Botpress developer like you and have gone through the same pain, which led me in writing a series of blog posts specifically to share my knowledge of Botpress. Please follow my blog for Botpress related tutorials.

Do you see any errors or a 404 for inject.js in chrome console?

For configuration related to bot schema json please refer to @sylvain’s answers. Also, check this post to see how I enabled HTTPS using Nginx.